IPL Points Table 2021
The Points Table in IPL gets updated after every match in the IPL. It depicts the team standings based upon their performance in the tournament so far. View the latest and updated IPL 2021 Points Table after Match 29 between PBKS and DC.
Here’s the Latest Updated IPL 2021 Points Table:
Each team in an IPL edition will feature in 14 games before the IPL Playoffs. Teams play against each of the 7 other teams twice in the entire tournament. The aim to finish at the top of the table with wins in as many games as possible.
- Each Team in the Points Table claims 2 points for a win in the IPL.
- The Team is rewarded 0 points for each loss.
- Each team is awarded 1 point in case of a No Result or an abandoned fixture.
Qualification Scenario IPL 2021
The top-4 teams in the IPL Points Table progress to the Playoffs. The top-4 teams for the playoffs are decided based upon the Team standings in the Points Table. If in case, teams clash with the same tally of points, the team with a higher Net Run Rate will be placed higher in the IPL Points Table.
Top-4 Teams in IPL 2021 | IPL Playoffs
- Qualifier 1: Played between Teams at 1 & 2 in the Points Table. The winner Goes through to the IPL Final
- Eliminator: PLayed between Teams at 3 & 4 in the Points Table. The loser is out of the competition.
- Qualifier 2: Played between Loser of Qualifier 1 and Winner of Eliminator. The winner Goes through to the IPL Final
- Final: Played between Winner of Qualifier 1 and Qualifier 2.
With the conclusion of the league stage in IPL 2021, the top-4 teams in the points table qualify for the IPL 2020 playoffs. The top-2 teams always have an added advantage as they an opportunity twice of making it through to the IPL Final. Qualifier 1 will see the top two teams face-off on May 25. The Winner of that match goes through to the 2021 IPL final. In Eliminator, the teams placed at three and four in the points table contest for a place in Qualifier 2. The loser of the Eliminator is out of the competition while the winner plays the Qualifier against the loser of Qualifier 1. Eventually, the winner of Qualifier 2 will meet the winner of Qualifier 1 in the IPL 2021 Final to be played on May 30.